You can create as many budgets as you want, and for whatever period length you want – from just one month to a budget that spans a couple of financial years. You can also create multiple budgets for the same period.
To create a budget
- Go to the Reports menu and click Budgets.
- Click Create budget and enter your budget name and the period you want to enter details for.
- Click Create and a blank budget will appear.
- Fill in your budget details in one of three ways:
- Start from scratch: Type the income and expenses you expect, or hope to achieve, for the period directly into the budget edit area.
- Import the previous year’s actual figures: If you have been using MYOB Essentials for more than 12 months, you can import last year’s actual figures into the budget and make any adjustments for the new year.
To do this, click Import > Import last year’s actuals. Note that this will overwrite amounts already entered in your budget.
- Import a CSV file: You can use Microsoft Excel, or another spreadsheet application, to prepare your budget. You can do this by exporting the budget as a CSV file, working on it in Excel and then importing it back into Essentials. Learn more.
- Click Save
Check out the MYOB video here